Community Shelter Services welcomes gifts of gently used or new clothing, furniture, linens, toys, laundry and cleaning supplies, personal care items as well as non-perishable food.
The drop-off location for these items is the vendor entrance to our Emergency Shelter at 655 West 16th Street, Erie, PA 16502. Calling ahead is appreciated. For larger furniture donations, we can schedule CSS staff to pick them up. Due to limited space, we appreciate photos of furniture at this time.
Items we cannot accept include used mattresses, sleeper sofas, personal undergarments (unless new and still in the original packaging,) open and partially used toiletries (such as shampoo, body wash, bars of soap, and hairbrushes).
Items of particular help:
- 14 to 16 inch (industrial) pots and pans
- Office furniture
- EMTA bus tickets
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet tissue, Kleenex)
- Laundry Soap
- Paper masks
- Summer apparel for men, women, and children
- Children’s outdoor riding toys (in good condition)
- Twin-size bedsheets
- Cans of ground coffee
- Packaged men’s socks and underwear
- Cleaning supplies
- Diapers and baby wipes